Thursday, May 31, 2012

Savaging A Lamp: Easy Fix

     As I explored my basement today, looking for something simple and fun to do with myself, I pretty nice, modern lamp that I think works well in my room. The only problem is that the shade was falling off and looked hideous. Well, with the help of some old jean scraps, a needle, and some thread, I easily fixed my problem.
     First of all, welcome to my room! I've been working on it since I was about ten. It's always a work in progress, but I love how t is right now, and even better, we are getting new carpet at the end of this month, so, I'm pretty good to go for now.
     Well, there it is, sitting on my desk. Anyway, time for a makeover. Let's start.











I cut out a strip of the jeans that I cut up yesterday and the hem from the bottom of the leg and lay them around the shade. I, then, secured the pieces on with a bit of thread. This also attached the shade to the lamp more securely so that it wouldn't keep falling off.
See? A nice and simple way to spruce up a lamp shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment