Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY Vintage Shorts

     Not only are DIY projects trending, but something else making a comeback in men's fashion are jean shorts. Remember the glorious days of jean shorts in fashion? Those baggy, super lengthy shorts will hopefully never come back, but with this years resurgence of short shorts, jean shorts have become a more acceptable part of life.
     I really wish that I had an old pair of light-wash jeans to cut up, but unfortunately (and fortunately), I got rid of anything that isn't dark as quickly as I could. Dark-wash has been a way of life for me throughout the past few years just because of the difference in class that it provides. When summer arived, I decided it was time to create a new pair of shorts so I grabbed some old jeans and whipped out the thread and needles.
     First, I measured down the inseam nine inches. Remember that you need to fold up the hem. Also, I'm a pretty tall kid, so you can cut off a few inches if you aren't six feet tall. I used the natural lines from the jeans and drew a straight line all the way around the legs. Well, afterwards, it's pretty simple. Fold the hem up as much or little as you want and sew along the inner and outer seams. Lastly, I took a few pockets and threw them on for a more home-made look. Experiment with some different fabrics for a different look and have fun. Stay hot!




No comments:

Post a Comment